This is a signed plan by the Director of Surveys showing the precise particulars of a surveyed piece of land. It shows the details such as:
- The shape of the plot
- The distances and bearings all-round the plot
- Scale of plotting, Deed plan number
- Land reference number
- Size of the plot in hectares
- Signature of the Director of Surveys
- The date of authentication by the Director of Surveys and above all,
- It shows if the plot is a New Grant or an extension of lease.
This in practice is under the provisions of Registration of Titles Act (RTA). The Deed Plan once duly prepared is attached to a certificate defining the current owner and any endorsements by the relevant Registrar in the event the property has changed hands or there are encumbrances therein whatsoever relating to the plot.
Do not hesitate to get in touch for any further queries via our whatsapp chat here or https://legalsure.co.ke/contact